SYRIAN-ARMENIANS REFUSED TO WORK AS HOUSE KEEPERS OR CLEANERS
There is still no ado in the job providing companies concerning Syrian-Armenians. "Aravot" writes that as the staff director of "Havana" restaurant complex told three young men have turned to them but weren't interested in the jobs offered. "Waiter, cook, barmen, cleaner, dishwasher, these are our services, but these jobs didn't awaken interest in them." The interlocutor of the paper didn't speak of the salaries.
Syrian-Armenians seeking jog haven't turned to "Adamium" company either. The employee of Human Resources department Qristine Stepanyan said that there is a need for secretaries with 70000 AMD salaries, managers with 200.000 AMD salaries, but still no one has inquired.
- 1880 The Turkish Government forbids the word "Armenia" on official documents and maps.
- 1906 The "Armenian Central National Assembly" (in Echmiadsin) is ordered closed by the Tsar. It had opened 13 days earlier.
- 1908 Death of Mooratsan - Grigor Ter-Hovhannisyan -(writer) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1854.
- 1924 Organization of Armenia's Agricultural Co-operative.
- 1927 Death of one of Armenia's national heroes, General Andranik. He was born in 1865.
- 1991 Soviet Azerbaijan adopts its Declaration on the Re-establishment of the National Independence of the Azerbaijani Republic which declares the independence of Azerbaijan from the USSR.