'CHARLES AND DIANA WEDDING' TOAST SOLD FOR £230
- The mother of a Buckingham Palace maid, who was visiting her daughter at the time of the 1981 wedding, claims to have taken the leftover slice.
Rosemarie Smith, 83, from Derby, said she had stored the slice in a Royal Crown Derby cup at her home ever since.
The toast was bought by a UK telephone bidder at the auction in Derbyshire.
A worldwide television audience of 750 million watched Prince Charles marry Lady Diana Spencer on 29 July 1981.
- 1797 Catholicos Ghookas Karnesi writes a letter to Tsar Paul the First, asking for help.
- 1885 Mkrtich Portoogalyan publishes the "Armenie" newspaper in Marseilles (France). It lasts till 1923.
- 1885 M. Portoogalian publishes the "Armenia" weekly in Marseilles (France).
- 1891 Death of writer Garegin Beshgyeotyoorian ("Sring").
- 1914 Secret military treaty is signed between Germany and Turkey in Constantinople.
- 1928 Birth of Minas Avetissyan (artist). He was murdered by the Soviet Police in 1975.
- 1955 Death of Galoost Qelpenjian.
- 1965 Death of Armen Armenian. He was born in 1871.