TURKEY IS DISAPPOINTING GREAT COUNTRIES
- Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Head of "Noravanq" educational-scientific fund Gagik Harutyunyan noted today during the press conference that Turkey is in an awkward situation today, when its dispositions are very much valued by international society.
Harutyunyan connects this fact with the "Arab Spring", when neo-Islamistsic and Turkish models became mutual in Arab countries.
"And today Turkey is dizzy due to its success and has decided to be the only one playing regional games and become a leader. This means that Turkey has plans to create nuclear weapon. Today Turkey is more honest than ever in anti-Armenian policy. They have chosen Azerbaijan to be their 'younger brother' and they announce about it openly", said Gagik Harutyunyan.
According to him, this makes interesting results and creates new geopolitical position, on one side there's Turkey-Azerbaijan, on the other side Armenia-Iran-Russia. So, it's clear who is with who. He noted that US is losing its power, many countries started ignoring it. Iran rebels against it and Turkey is not humble. Harutyunyan believes that Russia realizes Turkish threat today more than it ever did.
- 1845 Sultan Abdul Megid orders the Pasha of Soor to enter Western Armenia with an army. The goal was to take away the semi-autonomy of the Armenians.
- 1874 Hambardzoom Balassanyan starts the "Love of Fatherland" organization in Karakilissa (Vanadzor).
- 1890 Fighting between Turkish forces and the civilian population of Armenians in Kareen (Erzroom, Western Armenia) took place.
- 1911 Death of Ghazaros Aghayan (educator and writer) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1840.
- 1939 Creation of the Armenian SSR's People's Commissariats for Automobile Transportation, Meat, and Dairy industries.
- 1943 Death of Arus Voskanyan (actress) in Yerevan. She was born in 1889.