© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1877 Russian forces enter Alashkert.
- 1878 Death of Ghookas Paltazarian, the editor of "Arshalooyss Araratian" periodical in Smyrna. He had published his newspaper for 38 years.
- 1905 Death of the armenologist Karapet Ezyan in St. Petersburg (Russia). He was born in 1835.
- 1918 Proclamation of Armenia's (First Republic) Independence after the defeat of the advancing Turkish Army by Armenian forces.
- 1928 Establishment of the Armenian "Pan-National" educational and publishing organization in Cairo, Egypt. It is associated with the Armenian Revolutionary Federation party.
- 1963 Agarak's copper-molybdenum plant starts production.
- 1967 Death of Sos-Van, writer and famous publicist. He was born in 1895.
- 2000 The remains of Drastamat Kanayan (Dro) are moved from Boston to Armenia and placed on the grounds of the Monument at Aparan. The Monument commemorates the victory of the Armenian forces, led by Dro, over the aggressing Turkish forces in May, 1918.