MENTALITY OF ASHOTYAN
- Former Rector of State Linguistic University named after Bryusov, Suren Zolyan noted that minister of Education Armen Ashotyan has a mentality of a guard, or a sergeant, more precise.
Ashotyan believes that Rector is a guard and is not allowed to leave the country, yet he does not even consider any fact why he had left the country, at who are expense and such things.
Zolyan noted that the problems he and Ashotyan ate facing are not personal, but a matter of type. "Me and Ashotyan have different opinions about higher education", said he.
Zolyan also noted that the fact he refused to free his office of the Rector is because he could not bare the illegalities against him.
- 1864 Turkish forces attack Sassoon (Western Armenia), but retreat because of Armenian resistance.
- 1907 Birth of composer Goorgen Alemshah. He died in 1947.
- 1918 Start of the four-day battle of Sardarapat at the end of which the Armenian forces defeated the Turkish Army.
- 1919 The Publication of Constantinople's Extraordinary Military Tribunal's decision on the perpetrators of the deportation of Trabizond's Armenians.
- 1924 Birth of Charles Aznavour (singer).