QOCHARYAN WAS GENTLE
- Today, after the press conference taking place at the union of political scientists, 'yerkir.am' had a chance to ask a few questions to former MFA and now a member of the Prosperous Armenia party Vardan Oskanyan.
-Mr. Oskanyan, RA second president Robert Qocharyan talked about you in his speech. He opened a small secret concerning you not becoming a member of the Prosperous Armenia party in 2007 and that he was the one to pursue you to not do that. Can you tell us more details on that?
-Yes, there was such a problem. The president told me that he wanted me to stay and work with him, as NKR problem was critical and there are more other problems as well. I agreed.
-So, as Robert Qocharyan noted, you had a desire to become a member of the Prosperous Armenia party and becoming an MP back then?
- I knew my deeds in 2007 during the Parliamentary elections. And in those 10 years I realized that our problems are not inside and not outside and we must take care of our inner problems. I'm glad that I have been given such an opportunity today and will realize all my plans.
-Mr. Qocharyan criticized the economic policy mainly of the party in power.
Was that evaluation a record of the bad economic conditions or it had some political context?
-You should ask Mr. Qocharyan about that, but when you look at the economic condition and at the words of the second president, you realize that he used gentle words.
- 1807 The Finkenstein Agreement is signed between France and Persia, against Russia and England.
- 1833 Birth of Kerovbe Patkanyan (armenologist) in New Nakhichevan (Rostov, Russia). He died in 1889 in St. Petersburg (Russia).
- 1913 Telephone service starts in Yerevan.