WATER FINDS ITS STREAM
- Turkish director Ughur Egemen Ires made a movie based on the story written by Hrant Dink, Armenian journalist killed in Turkey for telling the truth about the Armenian Genocide, "Water finds its stream", which will be presented at Cannes 65th film festival, taking place in 16-27 of May, informs "Agos" daily. The story is about an Armenian woman.
Irese noted that he had turned to Dink's daughter for permission. She gave him permission on one condition that there should be no changes in the story.
According to the director the movie is about humanity.
"When I read the article for the first time, I saw the entire story and decided to make a movie, but I never thought that the movie can participate in a film festival", said Ires.
- 1806 Birth of educator and literary figure Ruben Papazyan in Constantinople. He died in 1857 in Smyrna.
- 1865 Birth of poet, translator Alexander Tsatooryan.
- 1879 The Azgaser Union is created in Constantinople.
- 1915 Start of the 11-day defense of the Armenian town of Taron (Western Armenia).
- 1919 Having been found guilty of serious crimes in the Genocide of the Armenians of Yozghat, Kemal Bay was hung in Constantinople's Sultan Bayazet square. He was the deputy governor of Yozgat.
- 2001 Armenian Genocide Heirs Settle New York Life Insurance Company Class-Action Lawsuit concerning policy holders who were victims of the 1915 Armenian Genocide.