HOSPITALITY OF AZERBAIJAN OR EUROPEAN TOLERANCE
- Yesterday, at the "Euronest" PA president of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev used the stage for anti-Armenian propaganda, violating rules of correction and accused Armenians in fascism and xenophobia.
The Armenian delegation countered his speech.
Head of the Armenian delegation Vahan Hovhannisyan presented a written complain to the members of the Assembly, saying: "We tried to warn Members on the risk of this Assembly to be misused by Azerbaijani officials, making statements which would ruin the core spirit of our joint cooperation.
Unfortunately, here in Baku we have witnessed what was predicted. The EURONEST PA turned into an arena for the fiercest anti-Armenian propaganda based on an unfaithful reading of history, as well as a biased interpretation of international law.
The Armenian Delegation to the EURONEST PA expresses its deepest discontent with the abuse of the host privileges by the Azerbaijani side.
We call on the Assembly to choose the places of the further meetings more accurately and to avoid inviting speakers who can destroy the spirit of mutual understanding we have managed to achieve, overcoming a number of serious difficulties such as lack of trust".
And member of the Armenian delegation Lilit Galstyan noted in her speech that all the members of the Assembly must respect the rules of "Euronest".
"Armenia joint Euronest family with the confidence that Eastern Partnership is a community where all members share equal responsibilities, principles, values, and which is most important respect fundamental principles of international law and fundamental freedoms.
We entered the Euronest family with the hope that jointly we can create a political climate where fruitful and constructive dialogue would be held based on understanding and respect.
Unfortunately, the morning session started with statements that not only didn't provide the objective evaluation of the situation, but damages the negotiation process on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, as well as the efforts of Euronest Parliamentary Assembly to create a political framework for cooperation and democratization of member countries.
As a member of Dashnak party, founding member of Socialist, I cannot accept being treated as fascist by anybody whatever his rank is in his country, especially in a country where our socialist friends are arrested for their political views".
The Armenian delegation asked the European delegations of "Euronest" to evaluate Aliyev's speech.
This situation shows the political way of Azerbaijan. While, by the 26th point of Warsaw declaration of Eastern Partnership adopted in 2011, including Azerbaijan, reconfirm that the Eastern Partnership should further promote stability and multilateral confidence-strengthening".
- 1Yesterday, at the "Euronest" PA president of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev used the stage for anti-Armenian propaganda, violating rules of correction and accused Armenians in fascism and xenophobia. The Armenian ...
- 1820 Birth of Catholicos Mkrtich Khrimyan "Hairik" in Van (Western Armenia). He died in 1907.
- 1915 Death of Arshak Vramian, a representative of the Central Committee of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party.
- 1920 Genocide of the Armenians in Sooshee (Gharabagh).
- 1922 Death of Leopold Favri, benefactor and Swiss-Armenian armenologist. He supported orphanages in the Armenian provinces.
- 1945 Death of Vahan Tekeyan, writer, speaker, and public figure. He was born in 1878.
- 1957 Death of actor Ashot Shaghatoonee. He was born in 1882.
- 1995 Garegin I elected Catholicos of the Armenian Church. He became the 131st Spiritual Leader of Armenian Holy Apostolic Church.