© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1913 Constantinople's Armenian Patriarch explains his program of reforms to the Russian ambassador, Girs.
- 1915 The the revolutionary figure Vana Ishkhan (Nicol Poghosian) was killed. He was born in 1883.
- 1921 The Revolutionary Committee of the Armenian SSR overthrows the "Committee for National Salvation", arrests its members, and reestablishes Soviet power in Armenia.
- 1990 Adoption of the Soviet law titled Law of the USSR Concerning the Procedure of Secession of a Soviet Republic from the USSR which allowed for autonomous regions to become independent of the republic in which they were embedded, if that republic were to declare its independence from the USSR.
- 1997 The Lebanese Parliament declares April 24 as a Day of Remembrance of the Armenian Genocide.