SWITZERLAND READY TO BECOME ENVOY
- "Switzerland is ready become an envoy in regulation relationships between Armenia and Turkey", said minister of industry John Schneider-Ammann.
Switzerland and Turkey wish to develop economic ties. For that purpose minister of industry of Switzerland had meetings with economic ministers of Turkey.
Relationships between Turkey and Switzerland got tensed in 2003 when that European country recognized the Armenian Genocide.
Switzerland, after that, became and envoy in 2009 when Armenia and Turkey signed a protocol, which is now frozen.
- 1886 Birth of Tsolak Khanzadian, linguist and translator. He died in Moscow, and is buried in Yerevan.
- 1887 Birth of Aristakes Vardanian, linguist and philologist. When he was 23, he become a monk of the Mkhitarist Congregation. He died in 1941.
- 1898 Death of Tigran Tshookhadjiyan - composer and creator of the first Armenian opera - in Smyrna. (He was born in 1836).
- 1904 Birth of composer and important artistic figure, Levon Khoja-Eynatian in Tbilissi.
- 1908 Tachat Terlemezian executes Davo, the traitor.
- 1923 Death of Hovhannes Toomanyan (writer) in Moscow (Russia). He was born in 1869.
- 1929 Birth of Rafael Chmshkian, famous weightlifter, world record-holder, international trainer, European and Helsinki Olympic Games champion.
- 1937 Abolition of the Transcausasian Federation.
- 1937 The 9th Extraordinary Congress of the Armenian SSR confirms the New Constitution for Armenia.
- 1954 The National Congress of Armenia's village doctors opens in Yerevan.
- 1956 Death of actor Goorgen Gabrielyan.
- 1966 Creation of the Armenian Radio and Television Symphonic Orchestra headed by Ohan Doorian.