When the French Senate adopted bill criminalizing denial of the Armenian Genocide, MFA Tigran Nalbandyan did not lose a second and announced the excitement of official Yerevan.
2 days have passed after the French Constitutional Council considered the bill unconstitutional, but the MFA keeps silence and does not respond to that.
This makes an impression that he is unaware of the situation and it concerns only the Armenian Diaspora or the Armenian communities of France.
So, it is not clear what Armenia is intended to do, as on one hand Sarkozy ordered to make another bill and on the other hand the entire Armenian nation is waiting for his response.
- 0 Vardanants Day of the Armenian Apostolic Church Calendar.
- 1902 Stepan Shahoomyan organizes a student strike at the Polytechnic Institute in Riga (Estonia). As a consequence, he is exiled to the Caucasus.
- 1916 "The Armenians and the War" magazine was publishing in Odessa from March to the following February .
- 1917 Creation of the Provisional Russian Government.
- 1931 Birth of the German orientalist and armenologist Alfred Gutschmidt. His studies focussed on the sources of Khorenatsi and Agathangeghos.
- 1931 Birth of Mikhail Gorbachov, the first and last President of the Soviet Union.
- 1981 Start of operations for Yerevan's subway. In 2001 it extends over 12 kilometers and has 10 stations.
- 1992 Armenia becomes a member of the United Nations.