HAYKAKAN ZHAMANAK: NUMBER OF POTENTIAL MIGRANTS HIGH IN ARMENIA
- A survey by the Caucasus Resource Research Institute has revealed a high number of potential migrants in Armenia, the paper has learned.
Of 4,000 people polled, 2,600 reportedly turned out to be intending to leave the country forever, and 1,400 said they are working migrants.
The survey, titled Armenia, Emigration and was Skills, was conducted from July 2011 until June 2012 in capital Yerevan and the regions. The paper says that the organization is going to unveil the document in the near future.
- 1864 Birth of satirist Harootyoon Alpiar. He died in 1919.
- 1923 Creation of the Bureau of History of the Communist Party of Armenia as an adjunct to the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Armenia.
- 1924 Under the initiative of the Norwegian scholar Friedthof Nansen, the League of Nations decides to grant Nansen Passports to the Armenians who had survived the Armenian Genocide.
- 1933 Death of the writer Nar-Dos (Meekael Hovhannissyan) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1867.
- 1934 First issue of the "Communist" newspaper (property of the Central Committee of Armenia's Communist Party, Yerevan's City Committee, and the Central Executive Committee of the Armenian SSR).
- 1938 Opening of the first session of the Armenian SSR Supreme Soviet's first convention.