ARMENIAN NGO CALLS ON KARABAKH POPULATION TO ELECT INCUMBENT LEADER
- Ahead of the presidential election in the Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh) Republic the local NGO Armenian Eagles has expressed support of the country's incumbent president, Bako Sahakyan, calling upon the Artsakh population to cast their ballots in his favor on July 19.
In a statement, the representatives of the organization have praised Sahakyan's role in the process of building and developing the country and ensuring its protection over the past years.
"Having adopted the slogan Armenian Statehood, National Army, Armenian President, the patriotic non-governmental organization Armenian Eagles has organized, together with around 2,500 citizens registered in its 200 branches, more than 400 events, including in different administrative regions of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic and different military units. Taking into consideration NKR incumbent President Bako Sahakyan's extremely great contribution to the accomplishment and development of statehood, his essential role in the glorious battle of Artsakh, in the protection of its borders, in army building and democracy, as well as in the maintenance of the dignity of the Artsakh people, the organization's chairmanship unanimously endorses Bako Sahakyan, calling upon the triumphant citizens of Artsakh to vote in his favor in the July 19 presidential election. By doing so, each citizens of Artsakh will vote for a bright future and a continuously developing state," reads the statement.
- 1881 Dr. Levon Tigranyan starts publishing the "Health" monthly.
- 1902 Death of Arsen Aytnyan (armenologist). He was born in 1825.
- 1914 Death of sculptor Yervand Voskanian.
- 1936 Murder by the Soviet Police of Aghassi Khandjyan (First Secretary of the Central Committee of Armenia's Communist Party) in Tbilisi.
- 1937 Death of actor Hovhannes Zarifian.