HRAPARAK: PRESIDENT SARGSYAN TO CELEBRATE BIRTHDAY WITH FAMILY
- The paper says it has learned from the Presidential Office that Serzh Sargsyan, who is celebrating his 58th birthday on Saturday, is planning to spend the day with his family, as he usually does.
Citing its sources, it claims further that the president is travelling to Ukraine on a working visit on Sunday, and is set to watch a Euro 2012 match together with his counterpart, Viktor Yanukovich. To the paper's question which team Sargsyan considers the Championship's favorite, officials at the Presidential Office said that he favors only Armenia.
"It seemed for a moment that the Presidential Office is unaware that Armenia is not taking part in the Euro semifinals, but it turned out later that they find the answer a manifestation of patriotism. Paradoxical though it is, a similar answer was heard from Prosperous Armenia leader Gagik Tsarukyan," the paper comments.
"Mr Tsarukyan believes that the Italian team will be the winner of Euro 2012, But at the same time, he greatly favors the Armenia's football team and believes that the Armenian football has been making an obvious progress recently. [Tsarukyan] expresses hope that we will see the Armenia's in the coming European Cup," a spokesperson for the Prosperous Armenia leader, Iveta Tonoyan, was quoted as telling the paper.
- 1862 The first rebellion of Zeytoon against Turkish exactions.
- 1921 The Red Army enters Sissian.
- 1995 The International Court of Justice makes a pronouncement (90) in the Case Concerning East Timor (Portugal vs. Australia). Certain aspects of this document may be significant in the resolution of the Artsakh crisis.
- 1999 Senator Brownback speaks during the 145th Congress (Record S7840) in favor of tipping American policies in Transcaucasia in favor of Azerbaijan.