ZHOGHOVURD: REGNUM SUSPENDS FUNDING TO ARMENIAN BRANCH
- The paper says it has learned from "well-informed sources" that REGNUM News Agency's central office has suspended the funding to its Armenian branch.
They are thought to see no more point it having an office in Armenia any more. Speaking to the paper, the chief of the Agency's Armenian headquarter, Vigen Hakobyan, said that REGNUM has an advertisement service which allows it to earn profit.
"REGNUM works is financially independent, and if there are sums, it makes no sense to get funding from Moscow," he was quoted as saying.
- 1827 Russian forces control Nakhichevan.
- 1833 Russia and Turkey sign the Hunkiar-Iskelesi Treaty.
- 1861 Birth of Grigor Zohrab (writer and political figure) in Constantinople. A victim of the Genocide, he was tortured and murdered on 1915 07 07.
- 1921 The Red Army enters Daralagyaz and Zangezur (Syoonik) in the following two-weeks.
- 1974 Ceremonial opening of Alexander Tamanian's (architect) monument in Yerevan.