© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1826 Sultan Mahmud the Second orders the killing of the Janissaries in Constantinople and later, in the provinces.
- 1889 Birth of Yervand Kochar (painter, architect). He died in 1979.
- 1906 Opening of the Second Congress of Armenian Teachers in Tbilissi (Georgia). It founded the Teachers' Union.
- 1915 The Turkish government hangs 21 leaders of the Hnchak Party in Constantinople's Bayazet square.
- 1927 Death of commander Moorad Petrosian (Kronqtsi).
- 1960 Meeting of Communist Work Brigades and "Shock Labor Forces" in Yerevan.
- 1988 The Supreme Soviet of Soviet Armenia approves the 1988 02 20 petition by the Autonomous Region of Nagorno Gharabagh to rejoin Armenia and asks the Soviet Government to rule positively in this case.