ARMENIA'S BEST SWIMMER NOT TO ATTEND 2012 OLYMPICS
- Armenia's top swimming athlete, Vahan Mkhitaryan, is not attending the 2012 London Olympic Games.
The Swimming Federation has reportedly not worked consistently enough to ensure his participation.
Two Armenian swimmers, Mikael Koloyan and Anahit Barseghyan, are going to represent the country this year.
Koloyan demonstrated a very poor result in the 2008 Beijing Olympics. He is participating in this year's games as a freestyle swimmer.
The International Swimming Federation (FINA) has selected 75 participants of the 2011 Shamghai World Cup for the London Olympics.
- 1A Glendale based Armenian, who allegedly tried to elbow two police officers during a massive brawl at a banquet hall this weekend, could face battery and vandalism charges. The man, Karpis Termendzyan, ...
- 1About $2.1 million finally will be paid out from a compensation fund for descendants of Armenian Genocide victims that had been ensnared in litigation for more than a year, Glendale-News Press reported. ...
- 1878 Signature of the Treaty of Berlin. Unlike the Treaty of San Stefano, no guarantees for reforms in Western Armenia were stipulated. Turkey undertook no reforms.
- 1884 A tax rebellion starts in Zeitoon against the Turkish "reforms". It is led by the mayor, Prince Papik.
- 1896 Bishops Ormanian and Doorian publish the "Massees" denominational daily.
- 1921 The first "Sovkhoz" (State Farm) is created in Armenia.
- 1988 The Supreme Soviet of the Azerbaijani SSR denies the 1988 02 20 petition by the Autonomous Region of Nagorno Gharabagh to rejoin Armenia.