HAYATSK: EX YEREVAN MAYOR OFFERED PRIME MINISTER'S POST
- The paper says it has learned from sources that the former mayor of Yerevan, Karen Karapetyan, was in Armenia after the parliamentary election.
He was reportedly offered the prime minister's post at the Presidential Office. Citing its sources, however, the paper says that the ex-mayor realized the game is not worth the candle as that was not going to last for more than 7-8 months.
President and Karapetyan agreed on certain issues and parted from each other peacefully, the paper says, adding that Karapetyan later returned to Moscow.
- 1807 Yusuf zia Pasha (Turkish "seraskyar") attacks Gyoomree with 10000 soldiers.
- 1878 Signature in London of the British-Russian agreement to change the San-Stefano treaty.
- 1913 End of the First Balkan War, which lasted for about seven months. Andranik leads an Armenian detachment.
- 1915 The Turkish government approves the Temporary Deportation Law" that was already being implemented.
- 1927 Death of Atrpet (Sargis Moobayajyan), Armenian writer, public figure and author of "Tjvjeek" - a classic short story - as well as "Javaheer", "Khev" among others.
- 1953 Without consulting the Armenians, the USSR relinquishes claims to the (Western) Armenian territories occupied by Turkey.
- 1964 The Armenian Literature and Art week starts in Tallin (Estonia).