BEYONCE NAMED WORLD'S MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN
- Beyonce has been named as the world's most beautiful woman by People magazine.
Smiling serenely from the front cover of the annual special issue, Beyonce revealed: 'I feel more beautiful than I've ever felt because I've given birth. I have never felt so connected, never felt like I had such a purpose on this earth.'
'The word 'love' means something completely different now,' the Daily Mail reported.
The singer, 30, wears a white tulle confection for the front cover shot, with an elaborate blue necklace.
She tops a list of ten most beautiful stars nominated by the magazine, and other categories including 'beauty at every age' and 'stunning stars'.
Rising star Lily Collins is said to be an unsurprising inclusion on the list. The actress and Phil Collins' daughter was cast as the 'fairest of them all' in the new Snow White film, Mirror Mirror, and its is not hard to see why.
Returning to the spotlight is Madeleine Stowe, who was named number five thanks to her role in Revenge.
Showing that all different styles of beauty have been included in the list, voluptuous bombshell Christina Hendricks placed just ahead of gamine Michelle Williams.
The Duchess of Cambridge, who celebrates her first wedding anniversary this weekend, rounds out the top ten most beautiful women.
- 1828 Griboedov is appointed Russian ambassador in Persia.
- 1888 Death of novelist Raffi (Hakob Melik-Hakobyan) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1835.
- 1918 The Turkish army re-occupies Ghars (Western Armenia).
- 1918 Stepan Shahoomyan creates and leads the Council of People's Commissars in Baku.
- 1959 Death of painter Hakob Kodjoyan. He was born in 1883.
- 1990 The Greek Parliament approves a law designating April 24 as Remembrance Day of the Armenian victims of the Genocide perpetrated by Turkey.