GEORGIAN FM: CAUCASUS 2012 DRILLS POSE REGIONAL HAZARDS
- Georgian Foreign Minister Grigol Vashadze and US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton focused on the Caucasus-2012 Military Exercises at their meeting in Brussels on Wednesday.
According to the Russian language website Vz.ru, the Georgian FM said that the drills pose a threat to the south Caucasus region, and called for security guarantees by Russia.
The parties discussed political and economic issues of mutual interest, as well as Georgia's role in the Nato mission to Afghanistan.
Hillary Clinton is set to visit Georgia at the beginning of this summer.
- 1A Sri Lanka hen has given birth to a chick without an egg, in a new twist on the age-old question of whether the chicken or the egg came first, BBC News reported. Instead of passing out of the hen's ...
AZERBAIJAN CONTINUES ACQUIRING WEAPONRY, BUT HOPES FOR PEACEFUL SETTLEMENT OF KARABAKH CONFLICT - ALIYEV
- 1895 The ambassadors from England, France and Russia present a program of reforms (for the six Armenian provinces of Western Armenia), to the Ottoman Turkish government.
- 1920 At the meeting of the Entente States in San Remo (Italy) it was suggested to give a mandate over Armenia through the good offices of President Woodrow Wilson.
- 1932 The Ministries of Heavy and Light Industries, and of Forestry are created in Armenia.
- 1944 Creation of the Administration of Architectural Affairs in the Armenian SSR.
- 1958 Death of singer Haiganoosh Danielian. She was born in 1893.
- 1990 The Cypriot Parliament adopts a special motion condemning the Armenian Genocide.
- 2000 Death of painter Grigor Khanjyan. He was born in 1926 in Yerevan.