AZERBAIJAN CONTINUES ACQUIRING WEAPONRY, BUT HOPES FOR PEACEFUL SETTLEMENT OF KARABAKH CONFLICT - ALIYEV1Azerbaijan is strengthening its military opportunities, at the same time hoping for peaceful settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev stated. In his words, Azerbaijan ...
AZERBAIJAN CONTINUES ACQUIRING WEAPONRY, BUT HOPES FOR PEACEFUL SETTLEMENT OF KARABAKH CONFLICT - ALIYEV
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1879 Death of Chamik Aramyan (publisher) in Constantinople. He was born in 1820.
- 1904 Birth of Hrant G. Pastrmajian. He died in 1954.
- 1922 Aram Yerkanian and Arshavir Shirakian executed Behaeddin Shakir, the leader of the "special forces" and Jemal Azmi, former Governor of Trabizond, in Berlin. Both were active in implementing the 1915 Armenian Genocide.
- 1957 Twinning of Kirovakan (Vanadzor) and Batumi (Georgia).
- 1990 An International Scholars' Meeting titled: "The Armenian Genocide: History, Theory, Political Responsibility" and devoted to 75th Anniversary of the Armenian's Genocide, takes place in Yerevan. It lasts to April 21.
- 1997 The Legislative Assembly of New South Wales (Australia) adopts a decision to commemorate April 24 as a Memorial Day of the Armenian Genocide. It suggests to the Federal Australian Government to adopt a similar decision.