© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1725 Turkish forces approach the highlands of Sissian and Ghapan.
- 1764 First publication of "Yeghisheh" by the Astvatsatoor publishing House (in Constantinople) with the financial support of the Etshmiadsin monk and former leader of Smyrna, Abraham.
- 1840 The Armenian Province is reorganized as the Provinces of Georgia-Imerethia and Caspia.
- 1902 The Armenian Drama Company of Tbilissi (Georgia) is created.
- 1938 Catholicos Khoren the First was strangled by the Bolshevik secret police (cheka).
- 1965 Inauguration of Yerevan State University's new main building.
- 1992 The tragedy of Maragha (Martakert region, Artsakh).
- 1998 Signature of the Good Friday Agreement between Northern Ireland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Some aspects of this Agreement may be significant in the process of finding a resolution to the Artsakh crisis.