WORLD'S SHORTEST MAN HITS NEW GUINESS RECORD
- Family members of a 72-year-old man from Purandhara VDC-1 in Dang district have claimed that Chandra Bahadur Dangi is the shortest man in the world.
According to the family members, Dangi is 22 inches tall, about one-and-a-half inches shorter than the world's shortest man Junrey Balawing of the Philippines, Mijrai.com reported.
Chandra Bahadur is the fourth son, among six, of Belaram and Pingla Dangi. Chandra Bahadur claimed that he was not noticed to be the shortest man for living in the remotest region of the district and having no access to communication.
Chandra Bahadur has urged the officials and authorities concerned for support to write his name in the Guinness Book of World as the world´s shortest man.
Measuring just 23.5 inches, Junrey Balawing born in Sindangan on the Philippines´ southern island of Mindanao is the world´s shortest man.
Earlier, Khagendra Thapa Magar of Baglung was the record holder who measured in 2010 at just over 26 inches.
- 891 Death of King Ashot Mets (the Great), founder of the Bagratooniants Dynasty.
- 1852 Karapet Utoojian publishes the "Massiss" weekly in Constantinople.
- 1856 Birth of Armenian conductor and teacher, Makar Yekmalyan in Vagharshapat. His works play an important role in the formation of a national musical education.
- 1885 Birth of Vahan Teryan (poet) in Gandza (Akhalkalak, Georgia). He died in 1920.
- 1885 Birth of Kostan Zaryan (writer). He died in 1969.
- 1894 Birth of Vagharsh Vagharshyan (Vagharshak Ter-Petrosyan), famous actor, dramatist, film producer, and public figure.
- 1904 Start of the Russo-Japanese War.
- 1907 Death of Meekayel Tshaprastee, actor and dance instructor.
- 1961 Death of academician and armenologist, Hovhannes Orbelee.