© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 0 Arats was the 6th month of the Armenian Calendar (January 8-February 6). It is called "Arans" because during this month, when everything is snow-clad, only the men ("arank" in Armenian) could pass through.
- 1819 Birth of the Armenian General of the Russian Army, Arshak Ter-Ghookassyan.
- 1858 The "Trtshnik Pegasian" was published by Grigor Aliatian in Constantinople.
- 1880 Death of Karapet Tshukhajian, editor of the "Tsiasan".
- 1907 Death of Nshan Berberian, head of a publishing house and publicist of the "Boorastan Mankants" children's newspaper (1882-1888).
- 1931 Opening of the world's only Kurdish Technical College in Yerevan.
- 1931 The Kurdish Pedagogical School opens in Yerevan.
- 1935 Decision to create Pedagocical Institutes in Yerevan and Gyoomree with evening classes.
- 1960 Opening of the Fine Arts University in Yerevan.