© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 303 Baptism of King Drdat the Third, the First Christian King of Armenia.
- 1199 Coronation of King Levon the Second in the Cathedral of Cilicia.
- 1851 Birth of Petros Dooryan (poet) in Skootar (Constantinople). He died there in 1872.
- 1860 Abraham Mooradian published the "Paris" weekly in Paris.
- 1861 Birth of the philologist, teacher, and historian, Stepan Kanayan in Igdir. He was head of the newly created Public Library, and professional secretary of the Science and Art Institute.
- 1992 On this Christmas Day, the newly elected Parliament of Artsakh, expresses the will of the people as declared in the 1991 12 10 referendum and adopts the Declaration of Independence of Artsakh. Azerbaijan commences aerial and ground warfare by bombarding Armenian towns and villages in Artsakh, occupying half the territory of Artsakh, and creating a flood of refugees.
- 1992 Based on the vote for self-determination in Mountainous Gharabagh (Artsakh) carried out on 1991 12 10, the Supreme Council proclaims Independence.