© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1846 The Tsar recognizes the khans, beks, aghalars, and meliks as hereditary land-owners.
- 1863 The group inspecting the Zeitoon affair (consisting of Europeans and Armenians) travels to Marash.
- 1907 Death of novelist Perch Proshyan in Baku. He was born in 1837.
- 1920 The Revolutionary Committee of the Armenian SSR decrees Armenian to be the state language.
- 1921 Arshavir Shirakian executes the Grand Vezir Sayid Halim Pasha in Rome for his role in the Armenian Genocide.
- 1921 Arshavir Shirakian executes Turkish Prime Minister Sayid Halim in Rome for his part in the 1915 Armenian Genocide.
- 1956 Death of Derenik Demirchyan (writer) in Yerevan. He was born in 1877.