Published on July 03, 2012
HRAPARAK: HENRIK KOCHINYAN WANTS TO BECOME MAYOR OF VANADZOR WITH THE HELP OF PM
- Hraparak paper dwelt on local self-government elections scheduled for September. "The name of former Lori governor, director of Hayavtochan SNCO Henrik Kochinyan has been circulating in Vanadzor for a long time. Kochinyan is rumored to be on close terms with PM Tigran Sargsyan and now wants to become mayor of Vanadzor with the help of PM. By the way, the premier had formerly tried to appoint him as governor of Lori, but his attempts failed and mayor of Alaverdi Arthur Nalbandyan became governor. Hraparak's correspondent asked Kochinyan to comment on this rumor, but he refused to answer any questions, branding these talks unserious.
Headlines for July 03, 2012 ©
- Researchers have moved a step closer to creating a synthetic liver, after a US team created a template for blood vessels to grow into, using sugar, BBC reported.
Scientists have long been experimenting ...
- Talks at the United Nations aimed at creating a global treaty on the international arms treaty have stalled before they even began, BBC reported.
A dispute over the status of the Palestinian delegation ...
- Reports on Europe's job market and manufacturing sector both show the region's economic woes persist, CNN reported.
The unemployment rate in the eurozone's 17 nations rose to a record 11.1% in May, ...
- The person who knocked down activist Vardges Gaspari near parliament entrance in Demirchyan Street on June 21 was identified as the security guard of MP Arakel Movsisyan, Shmays, Zhoghovurd reports. The ...
- The position of deputy governor of Armavir region has been vacant since PAP member Arayik Aghababyan entered parliament, Hraparak writes. According to the paper, MP Manvel Grigoryan seeks to appoint head ...
- Hraparak paper dwelt on local self-government elections scheduled for September. "The name of former Lori governor, director of Hayavtochan SNCO Henrik Kochinyan has been circulating in Vanadzor for a ...
- According to Haykakan Zhamanak, the criminal proceedings against newspaper's editor-in-chief Hayk Gevorgyan have been dropped. The paper reminds that Hayk Gevorgyan is accused of running over a person ...
Similar headlines for (last 7 days) new!
Most read news (last 7 days) ©
Today in Armenian history
- 1852 Birth of Minas Sheraz in Constantinople, teacher, speaker, and public figure. He died in 1929.
- 1913 Start of the conference of the ambassadors in Constantinople. They discuss Armenian reforms.
- 1913 The "Armenian Commission on Reforms" starts its work in the Enikyoy suburb of Constantinople.
- 1955 Inauguration of the memorial over the tomb of Hunan Avetisian (Hero of the Soviet Union).
- 1957 Creation of the Research Institute of Mining and Metallurgy.
Forum most active discussions