© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 440 Death of Mesrop Mashtots, the creator of the Armenian alphabet.
- 1828 Signature of the agreement proposed by the Persian Monarch. It was concluded at Turkmenchay. According to this agreement, the Russo-Persian War of 1826-1828 was terminated. Yerevan and Nakhijevan, as well as the whole of Transcaucasia, were joined to Russia.
- 1918 The Transcaucasian Seim opens in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1935 Birth of Zori Balayan (physician, Artsakh movement activist).
- 1939 Death of Archbishop Torgom Gooshakian of Jerusalem. He was a literary figure and philologist .
- 1950 Death of Armen Tigranyan (composer) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1879.
- 1960 Completion of the Karadak-Kazakh-Yerevan gas pipeline. The torch at Yerevan's Lenin square is lit.