BAKO SAHAKYAN: MAIN GOAL IS TO MAKE ARTSAKH A MODERN, DEMOCRATIC, RECOGNIZED COUNTRY
- On December 14 President of Artsakh Republic Bako Sahakyan took part in the 5th Congress of the Artsakh Union of Freedom Fighters. Artsakh President's information department informs that the head of Artsakh Dioceses of the Armenian Apostolic Church Archbishop Pargev Martirosyan, chairman of the National Assembly Ashot Ghoulyan, premier Ara Haroutyunyan, Armenian defense minister Seyran Ohanyan and other officials were also present at the meeting. Bako Sahakyan delivered opening remarks at the 5th Congress of the Artsakh Union of Freedom Fighters. The statement particularly reads: "Respected participants of the congress, Dear freedom fighters, I am glad to be present at the fifth congress of the Artsakh Union of Freedom Fighters and I welcome all the members of the organization. We hail your role in building and developing the independent statehood of Artsakh. The passed road, experience and potential of the union state that it is a continuously strengthening organization with good traditions. It is a structure that plays a serious role in maintaining peace and stability in our country, securing its progress and is ready to bear its part of responsibility before the state and people. It is a difficult, at the same time patriotic mission put on the shoulders of the union's members. I am pleased to record this fact and express my deep gratitude to all of you. Our main goal is to make Artsakh a modern, democratic and recognized country. It requires consolidation of everybody's efforts and necessity to act jointly both inside the country and abroad. We are determined and resolute in building free, independent and powerful Motherland and ready to do everything possible to reach it. It is also the strong requirement of the memory of our perished friends that will always remain bright in our hearts and in the minds of the generations. Today Artsakh paves its way by its own and with dignity. The entire Armenian people are with us on this way. We constantly feel the caring support of our sisters and brothers from Armenia and the Diaspora that is too dear for us. Further strengthening of the Armenia-Artsakh-Diaspora trinity will continue to remain among the pivotal directions of our foreign policy. The authorities of the republic will continue carrying out consistent works for strengthening the country's defense capacity, harmonious development of all branches of the economy, improving social conditions of the population. Welfare of every citizen, healthy psychological atmosphere and solidarity within the public to a greater extent depend on the efficient solution of these issues. This is also the main guarantee of bringing our struggle to its final point. We have mentioned many times, but I would like to repeat once again: Nagorno Karabagh stands for peaceful settlement of the conflict around the negotiation table through direct dialogue. However, it does not mean that we are not ready to give a fitting rebuff to any encroachment of the enemy if necessary. Any step threatening our freedom and independence will receive an adequate response and even something more. I am in permanent contacts with the union's leadership and many of you and I am aware of the activities directed to protect health and solve social issues of our freedom fighters. It is a continuous process and the role of the state is great in its realization. Your problems are also the problems of the authorities and we will do everything possible for their proper and in time solution. A freedom fighter devoted to the Motherland should live with dignity. Nobody should be left beyond attention. We have to admit that we do not succeed to do much so far. However, be sure that the Artsakh authorities are always beside you and will assist in the solution of the issues the union faces in every way possible. I am confident that the Artsakh Union of Freedom Fighters will continue take an active part in the life of our republic.
I wish you peace, robust health and happiness to you and your families, successful and efficient work to the congress."
- 1Hong Kong is the world's most developed financial market, according to a World Economic Forum report, overtaking the US and the UK for the first time, BBC reported. The US slipped to second place, as ...
Similar headlines for (last 7 days) new!
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1802 Birth of Hakob Manvelyan (educator) in Caesaria (Western Armenia). He died in 1870.
- 1825 Decembrist rebellion in St. Petersburg (Russia).
- 1825 Birth of Stepan Voskanyan (public figure) in Smyrna. He died in 1901.
- 1846 The Transcaucasian administrative districts are altered to create the provinces of Tbilissi, Kutais, Shamakhoo, and Derbend.
- 1861 Founding of the Eastern Theatre in Constantinople. M. Nalbandian delivers one of the inaugural speeches.
- 1913 Germany sends its military delegation to Turkey, headed by General Liman von Sanders.
- 1919 The Bolsheviks in OOzoonlar meet the peasants of Loree's "Neutral Zone" and declare their intent to be rid of landowners. They substitute land administration committees.
- 1922 Birth of Gohar Gasparyan (singer) in Cairo (Egypt).
- 1929 Death of Mesrop Nooparyan (linguist, translator) in Marseilles (France). He was born in 1842 in Smyrna.