ATTENTION: ITALIAN BUSINESSMEN IN ARMENIA
- What makes cooperation with Armenia attractive? Italian businessmen could be heard answering to this request in interviews with Armenian mass media outlets after they had a meeting with Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan. Armenian President is paying a working visit to Italy, where he has had a meeting with Italian business community. "Pieralisi" industrial group - experienced in metal mechanics, machine tool and instrument making industries. Practically, the group focuses on Armenia for the first time, but at the same time the group can see a serious potential. The businessman has particularly highlighted the similarities in cultures and world-views. "Though Armenia isn't a big country," "Pieralisi" assessed our potential as wide. The businessman has stated that he was basically interested in milk, cheese, grape, wine and tomato transformation. Thus they are intended to monitor the market.
Michele Ambrosini, the President of "Banca Marche", said he had never had any banking business with Armenia, but has been close by his university activities. Referring to the banking system, he said it's difficult to make a long-term forecast, but has highly assessed the transmission of Italian small and middle enterprises and "know how" system. In a meeting with President Sargsyan, the businessman, who is also a professor at Urbino University, recommended to develop a student & professor exchange program. Senator Cazzoli, the leader of Senate right wing and member of industry commission, talked about the role of Armenia. In Shanghai international expo Armenia was displayed in a high level and played its own role on the international stage among other countries. Although Armenia is present in Italy's political and cultural centers, the next step is to function in suburbs, in the industrial centers, also. "Armenia is not only Aznavour," concluded Cazzoli.
Antonella Gamba presented textile industry. It's three years she runs a business in Armenia making sport clothes. In three years they managed to create 1000 working places. The positive Armenian factor, according to Gamba, is human factor. Giovanni Rubini, the chief manager of "Renko" holding, which is famous in Armenia has separated hydroelectric station in Alaverdi, as well as cycling square in Yerevan. He has said they are currently focused on two major construction orders. "They are the Central Bank Dilijan branch and residence buildings for the staff members," said Rubini. "The education level and quality in your country is high. Now we have 15 Armenian specialists working on Italian programs of ours. It's human factor and professional resources that encourage us to work," said the businessman. From the viewpoint of the development of economic relations, Presidents of Armenia and Italy stressed in their meeting the importance of frequent contacts of the businessmen and organization of the business forums. President Napolitano expressed hope that President Sargsyan's meeting with the representatives of business circles of Italy will become a new impetus for the attraction of Italian investments in the Armenian economy and economic development of the two countries.
- 1Hong Kong is the world's most developed financial market, according to a World Economic Forum report, overtaking the US and the UK for the first time, BBC reported. The US slipped to second place, as ...
- 1802 Birth of Hakob Manvelyan (educator) in Caesaria (Western Armenia). He died in 1870.
- 1825 Decembrist rebellion in St. Petersburg (Russia).
- 1825 Birth of Stepan Voskanyan (public figure) in Smyrna. He died in 1901.
- 1846 The Transcaucasian administrative districts are altered to create the provinces of Tbilissi, Kutais, Shamakhoo, and Derbend.
- 1861 Founding of the Eastern Theatre in Constantinople. M. Nalbandian delivers one of the inaugural speeches.
- 1913 Germany sends its military delegation to Turkey, headed by General Liman von Sanders.
- 1919 The Bolsheviks in OOzoonlar meet the peasants of Loree's "Neutral Zone" and declare their intent to be rid of landowners. They substitute land administration committees.
- 1922 Birth of Gohar Gasparyan (singer) in Cairo (Egypt).
- 1929 Death of Mesrop Nooparyan (linguist, translator) in Marseilles (France). He was born in 1842 in Smyrna.