© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1724 Following the anti-Iranian and anti-Turkish movement in Artsakh, Tsar Peter the Great declares his special interest in the security of the Armenians.
- 1898 Arshak Chopanyan publishes the "Anahit" monthly in Paris.
- 1912 Catholicos Gevorg V creates the National Delegation, headed by Poghos Nubar Pasha, to raise the Armenian Question in Russian and European diplomatic circles.
- 1914 Defeat of Turkish forces under Erzroom.
- 1914 British Prime Minister David Lloyd George describes the Turks as ...a human cancer, a creeping agony in the flesh of the lands which they misgovern, rotting every fiber of life who must be called to account for his long record of infamy against humanity.