ARMENIAN PM CONCEALS PLANNED INCREASE FOR GAS PRICES - PAPER
- According to Zhoghovurd daily, Gazrpom Russian gas giant plans a sharp increase for Armenia-supplied gas tariffs.
"At present, the price for gas at the border with Armenia totals $180 per 1000 cubic meters. However, Gazprom plans a rise, with prices of $280 and 320 to be offered in October and January respectively."
"Increase in gas tariffs has long been public knowledge; moreover, over the last months, Russia has already raised the price from $180 to 230. The authorities, however, preferred to conceal the fact, with ArmRosGazprom's superprofit and minor subsidies making it possible."
"The government program doesn't contain any mentions of expected tariff change, in the same manner that Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan was concealing the possibility of an economic crisis, believing it won't get to Armenia."
"This is the mood in which PM Sargsyan has left on vacation," the paper said.
- 1706 First publication of the "Harsmavoork" periodical in Grigor Marzovantsi's publishing house (Constantinople).
- 1886 Birth of Missak Metsarents (poet). He died in 1908.
- 1904 The Mossoon and Zor battles took place under the leadership of Gayl Vahan and Mihran.
- 1905 After the defeat of Russian forces in the Russo - Japanese War, the Tsar proclaimed an edict on the confiscation of the Etshmiadsin church estates.
- 1906 Death of Heinrich Geltser, German armenologist. He was born in 1847.
- 1906 Death of the German armenologist Heinrich Helzer. He was born in 1847.