EX-FM OSKANIAN SAYS NON-ADMISSION OF MISTAKES GOVERNMENT'S DRAWBACK
- Prosperous Armenia parliamentary group member, former foreign minister Vartan Oskanian slammed Tigran Sargsyan's government and the new program.
"Non-admission of your mistakes was your government's drawback over the recent years," he said during the discussion of the government's program at Armenian National Assembly.
According to Mr. Oskanian, the government's statement on restoration of the pre-crisis level of GDP is true only given the par value. Whereas considering the current inflation and economic growth rates, the pre-crisis level will be achieved only in 2014. He further noted that government maintained the social programs due to increase in external debt of the state.
Among the consequences of the government's other activities, the ex-minister noted cut in foreign investments and increase in poverty. He stressed global crisis, economic oversights and government's misguided policy as the reasons behind the major economic decline.
Mr. Oskanian called attention to government's anti- crisis struggle, noting that Tigran Sargsyan submitted to the parliament budget stipulating economic growth when the whole world discussed the oncoming crisis in 2008.
The MP further expressed skepticism over the government's envisaging economic growth, noting that the program failed to reflect on major infrastructure projects, particularly the construction of the new NPP.
"The program can't secure 7 % growth regardless of the situation in Europe. Armenia's average economic growth grossed 13 % back in 2003-2007," the ex-minister said, noting with irony that international financial organizations keep hailing the government activities.
- 1The government of Armenia plans to create 100000 new jobs in the years to come, Prime Minister said, while announcing the government's program. "The program also envisages 80% poverty reduction, doubling ...
- 1845 Sultan Abdul Megid orders the Pasha of Soor to enter Western Armenia with an army. The goal was to take away the semi-autonomy of the Armenians.
- 1874 Hambardzoom Balassanyan starts the "Love of Fatherland" organization in Karakilissa (Vanadzor).
- 1890 Fighting between Turkish forces and the civilian population of Armenians in Kareen (Erzroom, Western Armenia) took place.
- 1911 Death of Ghazaros Aghayan (educator and writer) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He was born in 1840.
- 1939 Creation of the Armenian SSR's People's Commissariats for Automobile Transportation, Meat, and Dairy industries.
- 1943 Death of Arus Voskanyan (actress) in Yerevan. She was born in 1889.