FACEBOOK UNVEILS EXPLORE LONDON 2012 PAGE
- Facebook has announced the launch of Explore London 2012, a new tool that will help people keep up to date with the latest stories ahead of the Games.
More than 900 million members of Facebook worldwide can now join the Explore London 2012 page, enough people to fill the Olympic Stadium in the capital 11,000 times over.
All pages relating to the Games have been aggregated into one place using the new tool, including information on athletes, national teams, individual sports, broadcasters and sponsors.
This is intended to enable people to "build a personalized Olympic experience" by browsing the individual pages and clicking "like" on the content that interests them most.
Anyone who joins the page will also get Explore London 2012 updates in their newsfeed.
With many Team GB stars, such as Tom Daly and Jessica Ennis, already on Facebook, the new page is designed to make it easier for people to stay connected with their favourite athletes and sports, according to digitalspy.co.uk.
- 1861 Birth of the Norwegian Friedhof Nansen (public figure). He died in 1930 after helping countless Armenian refugees, who had survived the Armenian Genocide perpetrated by the Turks. He created the "Nansen Passport" for these stateless refugees.
- 1911 Death of Petros Simonian, national figure, publicist in Tbilisi and editor of the "Meghoo Hayastanee" periodical.
- 1918 The first Armenian delegation arrived in Constantinople to start reconciliation talks with Turkey.
- 1935 Opening of the State Historical Museum of Armenia in Yerevan.
- 1954 Death of Smbat Boroyan, participant in the 1921 February rebellion and the volunteer movement of the Sassoon rebellion of 1904. He was born in 1882.
- 2001 Death of Sargis Baghdasarian, sculptor, artist and teacher. His "We are our mountains" - "Gharabaghthsiner" sculpture (1967) became a symbol of the national movement of Artsakh. He was born in 1923.