CHARLIZE THERON TO STAR IN "MARIGOLD HOTEL" HELMER'S "MURDER MYSTERY"
- Charlize Theron is in discussions to star in Murder Mystery, a comedy whodunit that John Madden, director of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, has come board to helm, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Endgame and Tower Hill are behind the project, which has a script by James Vanderbilt, the writer behind Zodiac and the upcoming White House Down.
Theron will also produce via her Denver and Delilah Productions banner, joining Tripp Vinson, Beau Flynn and Vanderbilt, along with Endgame Entertainment's James D. Stern and Tower Hill's William Shively.
Murder Mystery is described as "an affectionate deconstruction of an Agatha Christie-style thriller" and concerns an American couple on honeymoon who are implicated in a murder they witnessed.
The project once was set up at Disney, with Tower Hill picking it up in turnaround. Kevin McDonald was previously on board as director.
Madden, repped by CAA and Bloom Hergott, counts among his credits Shakespeare in Love - the best picture Oscar winner for which he earned a directing nom - and The Debt. The dramedy Marigold Hotel has proved to be the indie hit of the year, grossing a surprising $113 million worldwide.
Theron, repped by WME, One Talent Management and Hansen Jacobson, is onscreen with two hits: Snow White and the Huntsman and Prometheus.
- 1New Times party leader Aram Karapetyan has characterized money laundering charges against ex-Foreign Minister Vartan Oskanian as a planned scenario, Yerkir paper reports. He said that thought the scenario ...
- 0 Commencement to those deported by Stalin.
- 1722 Birth of Sayat-Nova (troubadour). He died in 1795.
- 1828 Start of the Russian-Turkish War in the Caucasus.
- 1878 Mutual Defense Treaty between England and Turkey.
- 1968 Death of Rooben Darbinian, publicist and the editor of the "Hayrenik" periodical of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party.
- 1974 Ceremonial opening of Griboedov's monument in Yerevan.
- 1993 The Chairman of the Minsk Group proposes the Timetable of Urgent Steps to solve the Artsakh crisis.