EU CONCERNED OVER AZERI SABOTAGE, DUBBING IT CONTACT LINE "TENSIONS"
- Head of EU delegation to Azerbaijan voiced concerns over escalating tensions on contact line and increased number of causalities.
Roland Kobia offered condolences to the families of soldiers who died in those incidents.
"This proves necessity to take EU-proposed confidence building measures. Such actions are highly to needed to inspire trust and foster peaceful resolution of the conflict," Azerbaijan Press Agency (APA) quoted him as saying.
Increased instances of Azeri ceasefire violation have been reported recently, with Azerbaijani side shelling border villages and conducting acts of sabotage on border with Armenia and Artsakh.
Sources say that 21-25 Azerbaijani soldiers were killed in Azeri subversive actions in recent days in Tavush- Ghazakh zone of Armenian-Azerbaijani border.
On June 5 night, attempt was made by Azerbaijani soldiers to infiltrate one of the positions of Artsakh defense army. Armenian side, however, managed to hinder Azeri attack, with NKR army units pushing Azeri forces back to the original positions.
Azerbaijani authorities try hard to concoct reasons behind the deaths and injuries on its side. In fact, these are saboteurs, killed or wounded by Armenian armed forces who were trying to hinder Azeri subversive acts. Thus, according to Azerbaijani authorities, Azeri soldiers commit mass suicide, get blown up by mine, and die in an accident.
For instance, today, June 6, Azerbaijani media reported that a soldier, 19, was "blown up by mine." He was hospitalized, with doctors assessing his state as moderate.
Sometimes, even a concrete slab kills an Azerbaijani soldier. For instance, it was reported that two Azeri servicemen were killed in Agstafa region, with another having been "injured during collapse of concrete slab."
Emin Guliyev and Orkhan Huseynov died, while Elnur Kechalov is still at hospital. Meanwhile, according to Miacum.am website, 21 Azerbaijani soldiers were killed in Azeri subversive acts in recent days in Tavush- Kazakh zone of Armenian-Azerbaijani border. Today, June 7, Azerbaijani media reported that another Azeri soldier Cabrayilov Ramil Dilavar drowned in Kur River.
- 1Increased number of ceasefire violations on Azeri side has been reported recently. As Artsakh Defense Army spokesman Senor Hasratyan told PanARMENIAN.Net, an adequate response is shown in case of necessity, ...
- 1During a visit to Iğdır Province, Turkish President named it gates to the Caucasus. "Lasting peace will be established in the Caucasus. Turkey takes every effort for it. Azerbaijan will liberate all ...
- 1769 The independence program for Armenia, as developed by Movses Sarafian, is shown to the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- 1860 The Governor of Marash, Khurshid Pasha lauches an attack against Zeitoon. He is routed.
- 1908 Death of Gevorg Dodokhyan (poet). He was born in 1830 in Gogenlo (Crimea, the Ukraine).
- 1939 The opening of the Armenian Pedagogical School Department in Tbilisi.
- 1954 Death of Arshak Chobanian, writer and literary critic. He was born in 1872.