© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1661 Birth of Nagharsh Hovnatan (troubadour). He died in 1722.
- 1832 The Egyptian army, headed by Ibrahim Pasha, defeats the Turkish forces and occupies the plains of Western Armenia's Cilician Province.
- 1891 Death of Hakob Paronyan (playwright of comedies) in Constantinople. He was born in 1843 at Adrianople.
- 1950 Inauguration of the new building of the Nshan Palanjian's Seminary in Lebanon, by the President of the Lebanese Republic.
- 1962 Official celebration of the 1600th anniversary of Mesrop Mashtots, the creator of the Armenian alphabet.
- 1990 Fighting erupts between Armenian self-defense forces and Soviet occupation forces near Yerevan's railroad station and along the Yerevan-Nubarashen road.