ORINATS YERKIR NAMES PARLIAMENTARY GROUP MEMBERS
- Orinats Yerkir discussed the parliamentary group composition in the newly formed National Assembly of Armenia.
The party announced the names of fraction members following the discussion, with Heghine Bisharyan and Khachik Harutyunyan to become the head and the secretary of parliamentary group.
Parliamentary elections were held in Armenia on May 6. According to the data received from all of 1982 polling stations, parties and blocs gained the following number of votes:
Republican Party of Armenia (RPA) - 663 066 (44,05 %)
Prosperous Armenia Party - 454 684 (30,20 %)
Heritage party - 87 095 (5,79 %)
Armenian National Congress (ANC) bloc - 106 910 (7,10 %)
ARF Dashnaktsutyun - 86 296 (5,73 %)
Orinats Yerkir - 82 690 (5,49 %)
Democratic Party of Armenia (DPA) - 5 633 (0,37 %)
Communist Party of Armenia - 15 933 (1,06 %)
United Armenians party - 3 080 (0,20 %).
- 1632 Death of Catholicos Movsess Tatevatsee, a prominent figure of the Armenian renaissance of the 17th century. He was born in 1583.
- 1805 The Treaty of the Kyurak-chai River. Artsakh is joined to Russia.
- 1812 Birth in Tbilissi (Georgia) of Stepanos Nazaryan, the founder of the "Hyusisapail" - Aurora Borealis - monthly magazine. He was born in 1812.
- 1814 Birth of Karapet Shahnazaryan in Hamadan (Iran). He died in 1865.
- 1870 Tsar Alexander the Second sets out his peasant reforms in Armenia and in Azerbaijan.
- 1911 Death of Bogdan Knunyants (Bolshevik politician) in Baku's Baylov prison. He was born in 1878.