INTEL, HUAWEI BUILDING A JOINT LAB
- Intel and China's Huawei Technologies are building a joint lab to speed up the development of Time Division Duplex Long Term Evolution (TDD-LTE).
According to TechEYE, the two companies have a cunning plan to speed up the implementation of TDD-LTE technology in China.
Under the deal, Intel will connect directly to Huawei's infrastructure to carry out end-to-end testing of its mobile platforms.
A spokesperson for Huawei, Deng Taihua, said that the company wanted to roll the technology out worldwide. It might have a few problems doing this, as the company is considered by some in the US as an untrustworthy arm of the Chinese government. However, the mood might change if the company is backed by Chipzilla.
Vice President of Intel Architecture Group W.K. Tan said that Intel is committed to working with partners in China to build a healthy TDD-LTE ecosystem within China and beyond.
In other words, if Chipzilla plays this right it could end up making a lot of money pushing cheaper LTE gear in the lucrative Chinese market. If both companies succeed, then they could end up leading the move to next generation networks worldwide, the report says.
- 1219 Death of Armenian King Levon the Second (Kingdom of Cilicia).
- 1817 General Yermolov, Commander of the Caucasian forces and Governor of the Caucasus, stops in Echmiadsin on his way to a mission in Persia.
- 1869 Death of the Armenologist Victor Langlois. He translated Armenian historical sources into French under the sponsorship of Noobar Pasha.
- 1900 Death of Hovhannes Aivazovsky (seascape artist) in Feodosia (the Ukraine). He was born in 1817.
- 1916 The "France-Armenie" committee is organized in Paris. Members of the Academy and other political figures are members.
- 1917 The First Assembly of Western Armenians opens in Yerevan under the Presidency of General Andranik.
- 1919 The Publication of Constantinople's Extraordinary Military Tribunal's decision about the perpetrators of the deportations of Booyook Dere's (Constantinople's district) Armenian population.
- 1930 Creation of the Kanaker Power Station.
- 1965 Death of Hrachia Kochar (writer and public figure). He was born in 1909.