UEFA EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE APPROVES MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
- UEFA is introducing minimum medical requirements at UEFA competition matches from the start of the 2012/13 season.
The minimum requirements, drawn up by the UEFA Medical Committee, were approved by the UEFA Executive Committee at its recent meeting in Istanbul, uefa.com says.
UEFA's 53 member associations have been informed of the requirements, which are in line with UEFA's mission to ensure that hosts of UEFA matches provide players, match and team officials with a minimum standard of equipment and medical services to deal with accidents which might be life-threatening, or cause permanent injury.
The associations have been provided with a list of the requirements which will be mandatory for all UEFA competitions from next season. The list refers to pitch side medical equipment, ambulances, medical staff, emergency medical room equipment, pre-match information and pre-tournament information.
To help with funding the costs which relate to the new requirements, each of UEFA's member associations will be able to apply to use part of their existing funding from the HatTrick assistance program to purchase medical equipment.
They will also be entitled to loan equipment to regional associations or clubs hosting UEFA matches.
UEFA match officers will monitor compliance with the requirements, and failure to comply will result in disciplinary proceedings.
- 1219 Death of Armenian King Levon the Second (Kingdom of Cilicia).
- 1817 General Yermolov, Commander of the Caucasian forces and Governor of the Caucasus, stops in Echmiadsin on his way to a mission in Persia.
- 1869 Death of the Armenologist Victor Langlois. He translated Armenian historical sources into French under the sponsorship of Noobar Pasha.
- 1900 Death of Hovhannes Aivazovsky (seascape artist) in Feodosia (the Ukraine). He was born in 1817.
- 1916 The "France-Armenie" committee is organized in Paris. Members of the Academy and other political figures are members.
- 1917 The First Assembly of Western Armenians opens in Yerevan under the Presidency of General Andranik.
- 1919 The Publication of Constantinople's Extraordinary Military Tribunal's decision about the perpetrators of the deportations of Booyook Dere's (Constantinople's district) Armenian population.
- 1930 Creation of the Kanaker Power Station.
- 1965 Death of Hrachia Kochar (writer and public figure). He was born in 1909.