LIBYA EXPECTED TO EXPORT 1.29 MLN BPD OF CRUDE IN MAY
- Libyan crude oil exports are expected to amount to 40 million barrels in May, or 1.29 million barrels per day (bpd), a senior official at Libya's state-owned National Oil Corporation (NOC)said on Monday, April 16, according to Reuters.
NOC plans to sell 30 million barrels, while firms that receive oil for investing in Libyan production are expected to take 10 million barrels.
The May exports are on par with April's, also expected to be 40 million barrels, or 1.33 million bpd when divided over a smaller number of days in the month. NOC is selling a greater share in April at 34 million barrels, however, while firms with an equity interest are taking 6 million barrels.
The restart date of Libya's largest refinery, Ras Lanuf, is still uncertain, awaiting higher production by NOC subsidiary Agoco from the Sarir and Messla fields, which currently account for 200,000 bpd out of Agoco's total output level of 324,000 bpd.
Total Libyan crude oil production is averaging 1.484 million bpd, according to the official.
- 1879 Death in Moscow (Russia) of Stepanos Nazaryan, editor of the "Aurora Borealis". He was born in 1812.
- 1918 The "Messenger Book" daily is published in Tbilissi (Georgia): the first Soviet newspaper in Armenian.
- 1923 The Soviet of People's Committee of the Armenian SSR creates the State Cinema of Soviet Armenia (HayFilm).
- 1953 Academician Hrachia Atcharyan (linguist) dies in Yerevan. He was born in 1876.
- 1958 Death of composer Vagharshak Srvandztian.
- 1959 The Armenian SSR Supreme Soviet confirms the new Education Policy of Armenia.
- 1984 The US House of Representatives accepts a resolution (number 247) requesting that the Government announce that 1985 04 24 be designated a "National Day of Commemoration of Man's Inhumanity to Man".
- 1984 The Permanent People's Tribunal recognized the Armenian Genocide.
- 1998 An international seminar took place in the Sorbonne (Paris) on the Armenian Genocide. It was organized by the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party and financed by the See of Cilicia.