HSBC BANK ARMENIA MASTERCARD HOLDERS GET PRIZES
- HSBC Bank Armenia summarized the results of its three month special offer, aimed to encourage non-cash sales transactions. The campaign was announced together with MasterCard and this year, for the first time, it was held exclusively with HSBC Bank Armenia.
According to the Bank's press release, over one hundred of the Bank's cardholders won digital photo frames. Fifty two of them were chosen based on number of transactions criteria (at least 50), and the other fifty cardholders based on volume of transactions criteria (at least AMD 1,000,000) during the period from November 1, 2011 until January 31, 2012.
"We were delighted that MasterCard chose HSBC Armenia as its exclusive partner in conducting this promotion campaign, and we were very pleased with the results," HSBC Bank Armenia Chief Executive Officer Astrid Clifford stated.
Non-cash transactions conducted by HSBC Bank Armenia MasterCards during the three month period from November 1, 2011 until January 31, 2012 totaled AMD 4.9 billion, a 29% increase on the same period in previous year.
In 2011 HSBC Bank Armenia resumed acquiring of international VISA and MasterCards and started servicing ArCa cards via its ATM network. The bank has also started to issue chip and pin cards, which provide customers with higher security than cards with a magnetic stripe. In addition to 53 standard ATMs, the bank also launched its first Drive Through ATM on 20A Myasnikyan Street, Arax petrol station last September.
- 1840 Birth of Ghazaros Aghayan, (educator, public figure) in the village of Bolnis-Khachen. He died in 1911.
- 1882 Birth of Kamo (Bolshevik revolutionary figure) - Simon Ter-Petrosyan. He was murdered on 1922 07 13.
- 1905 Strike by the railway workers of Alexandropol (now Gyoomree).
- 1919 Death of satirist Harootyoon Alpiar. He was born in 1864.