IBM IMPROVES CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT
- IBM announced that IMImobile, a mobile data technology infrastructure and solutions provider to telecom operators, media companies and enterprises, has deployed IBM software to improve its service and cloud infrastructure management processes, according to TelecomLead.
"IBM has been providing clients with a holistic approach to delivering and managing infrastructure services aligned to evolving business priorities," said Pradeep Nair, director, Software Group, IBM ISA.
With its services connecting 900 million people in 64 countries and with operators like Vodafone, O2, Telefonica, France Telecom, Centrica, Barclays Bank, BBC, Aircel, Airtel, BSNL, MTN, Reliance, Tata and Virgin Mobile, IMImobile required a cloud solution that would help answer its growing business requirements.
The IBM SmartCloud Foundation software will assist IMImobile to streamline management of its cloud services infrastructure, strengthen compliance with stringent service level agreements (SLAs), improve infrastructure utilization and evolve process maturity with compliance.
IMImobile provides cloud-based mobile data services for revenue generation and customer lifecycle management across Asia, Europe, Americas, Africa and the Middle East.
"We have adopted a cloud-based delivery model since our inception. All our products and platform are architected for the cloud. Today our infrastructure comprises 1,000 high-end servers and 300+ network equipment nodes deployed both within our data centers and operator networks worldwide," said Vishwanath Alluri, founder and CEO of IMImobile.
With the adoption of IBM software, IMImobile customers will benefit from the improved operational efficiencies and service levels. IBM software will help IMImobile implement a follow-the-sun model for service management across IMI's Virtual Network Operations Centre (VNOC) teams spread in Europe and India.
IBM SmartCloud Foundation software solutions are helping clients effectively build and manage dynamic infrastructure and remain competitive in today's digitally-connected environment. The software offers integrated service management solutions to help companies manage traditional IT assets, physical assets and emerging smart assets.
- 1837 Birth of Gevorg Chumshkyan (actor). He died in 1915.
- 1880 Creation of "Hayuhyats" Benevolent Association in Tbilissi. It supported 10 parish schools and a kindergarten in Tbilissi. It operated for about 40 years.
- 1895 Sargis Kukunyan and his friends are exiled to Siberia and Sakhalin. He died in 1913, in Orlo's prison.
- 1896 Birth, in Tbilissi, of the actress Olga Maysoorian, one of the founders of Armenian state drama in Tbilissi.
- 1903 Birth of Constantine Lazarev, Major-General of the Soviet Army. In World War Two, he was Chief of Headquarters and Division Commander.
- 1923 Presentation of Armen Tigranian's "Anush" opera in Yerevans State Theatre with the composer at the podium.
- 1929 Birth of theatre and movie actor Edgar Elbakian. He died on 1988 08 31.
- 1948 Death of Stepan Ghambaryan, Armenian chemist and professor at Yerevan State University.