EXPERT ANA CHRISTINA SCHIRINIAN TO ADDRESS AIWA FEB 25
- On Feb. 25, Ana Christina Schirinian, who spearheads agricultural development projects in Armenia and in other nations, will be the special guest at a breakfast reception at the Armenian Cultural Foundation (ACF) in Arlington.
In an informal, illustrated program sponsored by the Armenian International Women's Association (AIWA), Schirinian will describe her experiences, and the lessons learned, from her work as president of Tierras de Armenia and as executive director of Fruitful Armenia.
These projects have aimed to introduce the latest technology into agricultural activity in order to maximize efficiency and quality.
Shirinian will also discuss her experience from agricultural development projects in other nations, notably Argentina, Morocco, and Italy, during the program.
A native of Buenos Aires, Schirinian serves as special assistant to businessman Edwardo Eurnekian, the head of the Argentine holding company Corporación América, who is especially known by Armenians for his activities in rebuilding Zvartnots Airport in Yerevan.
Schirinian is visiting the U.S. to participate in the annual session of the Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations headquarters in New York on Feb 27.
- 1875 Birth in Idgir (Western Armenia) of ophthalmologist-surgeon Hayk Kanayan.
- 1916 During the First World War, Russian forces occupy Gareen (Erzroom) in north-eastern Turkey.
- 1921 Victory of the rebellion against the Menshevik Georgian Government in the so-called "Loree Neutral Zone". The Armenian flag is raised in all 41 villages of the zone.
- 1927 The People's Communist Council of the Republic approves a new regulation establishing the following Faculties at Yerevan State University: Socio-Economics, Education, Agriculture, Medicine and Technology.
- 1932 Creation of the Local Branch of the All-Union "Old Bolsheviks' Association".