3,6% INFLATION RATE RECORDED IN ARMENIA'S CONSUMER MARKET IN JAN 2012
- 3,6% inflation rate was recorded in Armenia's consumer market in January 2012 compared to December 2011.
During the reported period, prices for foodstuff (including alcoholic beverages and cigarettes) increased by 6,2%, while prices for non-foods decreased by 0,4%. 0,7%.increase in tariffs for services was also recorded.
In January 2012, 4,8% increase in consumer prices was observed compared to the same period in 2011.
The price upsurge is basically conditioned by 5,8% and 3,6%. growth in prices for foodstuff (including alcoholic beverages and cigarettes) and non-foods respectively. 3,5% growth was also observed in tariffs for services during the reporting period.
Consumer prices increased by 2,6-5,1% in January 2012 compared to December 2011 in all Armenian cities under study, while the highest index was registered in Yeghegnadzor.
3,5% growth was recorded in consumer prices in Yerevan.
- 1A new television advertisement airing in Taiwan has an actor with angel wings and a halo doing a thinly-veiled imitation of Steve Jobs, to promote a tablet called the "Action Pad." The ad, ...
- 1786 Birth in Moscow of Hovhannes Nazaryan, a public and cultural figure of the 19th century. He was a member of the court of the Russian Empire, and a State Adviser. (Died 1858, in St Petersburg).
- 1920 Opening of Armenia's State University in Alexandropol (since there was no convenient building in Yerevan). The first rector was Yuri Ghambaryan, Professor of Jurisprudence, who was also known in Europe.
- 1921 At a conference in London, England and France proposed the creation of Armenian National centers. The idea remained on a paper.
- 1927 Birth of Lusine Amara (Armaghanyan). She is an American-Armenian opera singer and a laureate of international competitions.