THE HUFFINGTON POST'S TWITTER ACCOUNT HACKED
- The Huffington Post's Twitter account was hacked this morning by someone who replaced the news site's usual story teases with racist and homophobic messages.
According to CNET, around 11 a.m. PT, messages saying that "cloverfdch is a F#@%ing god! Hacked :)" and "New York Post rules!!!" joined the usual tweets with links to celebrity stories and animal photo galleries.
Huffington Post representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment this morning but were apparently aware of the intrusion; the posts in question were quickly deleted from the site's Twitter page, although they still appear on subscribers' third-party Twitter clients. "Sorry about that, Twitterverse! We know we've been hacked and are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible," the site said in a tweet.
The report reminds that Twitter hacks are not unheard of. Recent victims include Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak.
Actor Ashton Kutcher's @aplusk account was also hacked but Kutcher was quickly on top of the problem, even though his Foursquare account was compromised as well. Kutcher had a warning for the hacker: "Ok mr hacker, you only made one mistake. You hacked my Foursquare and I now know your address. Whoops…. This is gonna be fun."
In September, a group called the "Script Kiddies" claimed responsibility for hacking NBC News Twitter account and posting fake news of an attack at Ground Zero. Fox News' Twitter feed was hacked in July and falsely reported that President Barack Obama had been assassinated.
- -356 Birth of Alexander the Great. Although the borders of his empire did not include Armenia, his cultural legacy was deeply felt in Armenia.
- 1892 Birth of the Armenian-French writer Hratsh Zardaryan.
- 1894 Birth of writer Mateos Zarifian.
- 1906 Birth of architect Hrayr Isabekyan in Igdir.
- 1924 The former Military Administration Square is renamed Lenin Square. Presently, it is Republic Square.