Published on January 04, 2012
IRANIAN VOCALIST, ARMENIAN PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA TO PERFORM IN TEHRAN
Iranian vocalist Nazeri will perform a concert in Tehran in collaboration with the Armenian Philharmonic Orchestra in spring, Tehran Times reported.
Iranian composer Peyman Soltani will also be cooperating to stage the concert entitled "Melal", director of Qoqnus Music Institute, Mohammad-Hossein Tutunchian told the Persian service of ISNA on Tuesday, Jan 3.
Tutunchian also said that Nazeri might be repeating his collaboration with the Dusti Ensemble in the coming months. The group, including tar virtuoso Hossein Alizadeh, kamancheh virtuoso Ardeshir Kamkar, and percussionist Pejman Haddadi as well as Nazeri, gave a performance several months ago in Tehran after a 23-year hiatus.
Nazeri is a holder Chevalier de la Légion d'honneur medal presented to him by the French government in 2008.
Headlines for January 04, 2012 ©
- A wealthy French-based businessman has launched a 1 million euro fund to pay the fine for anyone convicted in France for denying the fact of the Armenian Genocide, Today's Zaman reported.
Rachid Nekkaz, ...
- Computer hackers published details of thousands of active Israeli credit cards after breaking into Israeli websites, the chief executive of Israel's largest card company said.
Dov Kotler, CEO of ...
- U.S. President Barack Obama signed into law the Belarus Democracy and Human Rights Act of 2011, which envisions new sanctions against Belarus, White House spokesman Jay Carney said.
According to RIA ...
- A Pakistani official says three Iranian border guards face murder charges after fatally shooting a man inside Pakistan's territory while chasing smugglers.
Deputy commissioner Saeed Jamali said on ...
- Iranian vocalist Nazeri will perform a concert in Tehran in collaboration with the Armenian Philharmonic Orchestra in spring, Tehran Times reported.
Iranian composer Peyman Soltani will also be cooperating ...
- Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev extended a state of emergency in Zhanaozen, the Mangistau region of Kazakhstan, to January 31 after the violent clashes between oil workers and police broke out in ...
- Apple has announced the date for its first-quarter financial results, choosing January 24 to publish results that are likely to show how well the company's iPhone 4S fared in the last three months of ...
- France's upper house of parliament, the Senate, will vote this month on a bill to outlaw denial of the Armenian Genocide despite a furious diplomatic spat with Turkey, a government official told AFP.
Similar headlines for (last 7 days) new!
Most read news (last 7 days) ©
Today in Armenian history
- 1600 The meeting of secular and ecclesiastic leaders from Dizak and Varanda provinces of Artsakh starts in Khor Virab Monastery.
- 1863 Anton Jevahirian publishes the "Ser" periodical in Constantinople.
- 1891 Birth of Levon Kalantar, theatrical figure and film director, in Tbilisi (Georgia). In 1921 he founded the Shahoomyan Exploratory Theater in Tbilisi.
- 1928 Birth (in Damascus, Syria) of the French-Armenian writer Vaheh Kachan (Khachatryan).
- 1947 Death of the eminent scholar Stepan Lisitsian. He was born in 1865.
- 1966 Birth of writer, prominent member of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation, and statesman Aveteess Aharonyan in Igdeer-Mva (Surmalu region).
- 1975 National Artist and Illusionist, Harootyoon Hakobyan wins the First Prize at an International Competition in Germany.
Forum most active discussions