Published on November 27, 2011
ASHOT VARDAPETYAN TO REFEREE FIDE WORLD CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
- On Saturday, 26th November, a contract for the 2012 World Chess Championship match will be signed by the reigning champion Viswanathan Anand, the challenger Boris Gelfand and the International Chess Federation (FIDE).
The signing will take place in the offices of the "Interfax" news agency and a press conference will follow immediately after. Beside the players, RCF Chairman of the Supervisory Board Arkady Dvorkovich and FIDE President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov will also attend.
The 12-games World Championship match will take place in May 2012 in Moscow with a prize fund of 2.55 million dollars. The playing venue will be at the Tretyakov Gallery.
As Kirsan Ilyumzhinov told a press conference on November 26, Ashot Vardapetyan will be the match Chief Arbiter. Vardapetyan was recently Chief Arbiter at the prestigious World Chess Cup, Chessdom reported.
Headlines for November 27, 2011 ©
- On Saturday, 26th November, a contract for the 2012 World Chess Championship match will be signed by the reigning champion Viswanathan Anand, the challenger Boris Gelfand and the International Chess Federation ...
- With 8 points Armenia's Samvel Ter-Sahakyan won U18 tournament of the World Youth Chess Championship in Caldas Novas, Brazil.
In the last round Ter-Sahakyan tied his game against Das Debashis (India) ...
- Kiev hosted screening of the Armenian legacy of Europe documentary.
The film is a huge cultural project aimed at studying and promoting history and development of Armenian communities in Europe, their ...
- Iran's parliament has voted by a large majority to downgrade diplomatic relations with the UK.
The move comes after the UK Treasury imposed sanctions on Iranian banks on November 22, accusing them ...
- Israeli warplanes launched two strikes on the Gaza Strip overnight in response to rocket fire from the Hamas-controlled Palestinian territory, an army spokesman said in a statement Sunday, November 26.
- The United Russia party convention has unanimously voted to nominate its leader, Vladimir Putin, as its presidential candidate for the March 4 elections.
The ruling party held the second part of its ...
- Russia and Azerbaijan have announced readiness to participate in the implementation of USD 400-million Rasht-Astara railway project in the north of Iran, Director-General of International Affairs at Iranian ...
- Iran will target NATO's missile shield in neighbouring Turkey if it is threatened by military action, the commander of the aerospace division of the Revolutionary Guards said on Saturday.
"We are ...
- It appears Samsung is planning to discontinue its 10.1-inch netbook range in early 2012.
In an email sent to its European partners, Samsung says the outfit will officially discontinue the notebook range ...
Similar headlines for (last 7 days) new!
Most read news (last 7 days) ©
Today in Armenian history
- 1920 Lenin chairs a meeting of the Central Committee of the Russian Communist Party on the political question of Armenia and Georgia.
- 1991 The USSR Constitutional Oversight Committee deems unconstitutional the Supreme Soviets decision to create a Republic Organizational Committee in Soviet Azerbaijan headed by Viktor Polianichko (on 1990 01 15) in Artsakh as well as the 1991 11 23 decision by Azerbaijani President Mutalibov to dissolve the Nagorno Gharabagh Autonomous Region. It also revoked the reunification decision taken by Armenia and Artsakh on 1989 12 01. It does not annul the decision (1991 09 02) of the Nagorno Karabagh District Councils (including the Shahumian district) on the establishment of the Republic of Nagorno Karabagh. That decision was deemed in compliance with the then existing law of 1990 04 03 on the Procedure of Secession of a Soviet Republic from the USSR.
Forum most active discussions