- 1Georgian frontier forces which invaded the territory of Bavra village (Shirak region) prevent rural population from carrying out agricultural work, village community governor Koryun Sumbulyan told a PanARMENIAN.Net ...
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1854 The first version of a constitution for the internal organization of western Armenians is presented to the Armenian Patriarch. He eventually rejects it.
- 1915 Daniel Varujan (poet) was killed during the Armenian Genocide implemented by the Turks. He was born in 1884.
- 1919 Armenian forces defeat the forces of Mustafa Kemal in the battle of Sarighameesh.
- 1926 Opening of the "Arzni" Sanatorium and Spa.
- 1926 Some of those responsible for the Armenian Genocide were hanged in Ankara. They were members of the "Young Turks" belonging to the Union and Progress Party (formerly known as the "Ottoman Union Organization").
- 1945 Death of Franz Werfel (Austrian novelist). He wrote "The Forty Days of Musa Dagh" (1933), a best-selling epic tale of Armenian resistance to the Turkish Genocide of 1915. He was born in 1890.