- 1The American co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group Matthew Bryza said that the presidents of Armenia and Azerbaijan are very close to signing an agreement on basic principles for the Karabakh conflict settlement. ...
- 3Turkey's position is not new for Armenia, Sedrak Achemyan , chairman of the Central Board of the Social Democratic Hnchak Party (SDHP), told a seminar "Armenian-Turkish Relations: Past and future” held ...
- 4“Speaking about Armenian-Turkish relations, we should correct ourselves because there are no relations as such,” Richard Giragosyan, Director of Armenian Centre for Strategic and National Research, told ...
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1819 Birth of Petros Shanshyan (public figure) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He died in 1899.
- 1878 Start of the Zeitoon (Western Armenia) rebellion.
- 1913 Death of teacher and publicist, George Barkhoodariants in Tbilissi. He worked in the "Meghoo Hayastani", "Hyoosisapayl" and "Pordz" editorial board. He also authored other works.
- 1992 President Clinton states "the Genocide of 1915, years of communist dictatorship, and the devastating earthquake of 1988 have caused great suffering in Armenia during this century".